Thursday, May 5, 2011

My Life Part 2

I know some believe in "love at first sight" and that is exactly what happened for Mark.  That first sight of me was all he needed to know that he was going to marry me someday! How's that for a happy ending! I guess the first time I saw Mark, I thought I had a decent chance on having a date with him but I didn't get to talk with him that first night thanks to my Uncle Mike!  If you don't know my Uncle Mike, you have missed out!  He has a story for everyone. He had Mark's attention that evening and it wasn't until Sunday that I actually got to speak with Mark.  Over the next few months we began to get to know each other through the singles class at church and then he eventually asked me out!  I actually was waiting for a LONG time for him to do that and I even was "dating" someone when he finally asked.  He picked me up in his car (a red topaz with a nice sunroof), and we went to the movies (my choice- The 3 Musketeers) and finished up at Pizza Hut.  He didn't kiss me on the first date but he did on the second.  He actually asked if he could kiss me and with my braces and all he did.  I guess you could say that was the start of a beautiful thing. 
We had our ups and downs over the next 6 months or so and then one day it finally hit me.  He's the one!  All the years of praying for the right man and imagining who he was and where he lived came flooding in at that moment.  Mark was the one God made specifically for me!!  He had everything I had prayed for in a husband and then some!  I didn't have to compromise my wish list for anything. 
Then after a one year separation, (thanks to the AirForce via Korea) we made it official!  On June 22, 1996, I became a Mrs!

Part 3 next time

No comments:

Post a Comment