Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Take Courage!

Don’t fret about tomorrow, but seek God’s strength for today!
What a statement to think about.  I don’t know how many times I catch myself worrying about tomorrow, next week, next month, or even next year!  Most of my worrying stems from housework to laundry to school projects to what we’re going to do on the next school holiday.  As I get “older”, I am starting to realize that I don’t have to have it all together all the time.  There are times when my house will just be in disarray, laundry will be stacked up, and school projects will just have to wait but the important things like spending time with my husband and kids take priority. 
When I find myself worrying about things I can’t control, that’s when I have to stop and think about these verses in the bible: 
Philippians 4:6-7 “Don’t worry about anything; instead, pray about everything.  Tell God what you need, and thank him for all he has done.  Then you will experience God’s peace, which exceeds anything we can understand.  His peace will guard your hearts and minds as you live in Christ Jesus.”
This is hard to do sometimes.  I want to charge at my fears and make them go away but there are times when I just have to stop and take them to the Lord.  Because if I don’t, the following statement will happen:  “Fear can pop into your thoughts without a moment’s notice and overtake your mind, if you let it.  Make a conscious effort to give your fear to God and ask for his courage, strength, and power instead.  He will hold you, protect you, and give you everything you need to live in victory.”  Karol Ladd
Lincoln Brewster’s song, ‘Today is the Day’ so aptly describes what to do with those fearful moments.  I have a feeling I will be singing this all day long!
I’m casting my cares aside
I’m leaving my past behind
I’m setting my heart and mind on You, Jesus…
Today is the day You have made
I will rejoice and be glad in it
Today is the day You have made
I will rejoice and be glad in it
And I won’t worry about tomorrow
I’m trusting in what You say
Today is the day

No comments:

Post a Comment