Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Works in Progress

Last night at our small group, we discussed how raising kids is a great work in progress!  Just when you think you got that one parenting skill down with one child, the other child requires you to go in a totally different direction.  Talk about being a multi-parenting parent!  I think one of the hardest things to grasp is God’s not only using me as a mom to show my kids how to live and believe but He is also working in my kids lives as well.  Not one of us is a finished product.  He continually works in each of us!
I am glad God doesn’t stop working in my life.  I want to see God use me in a way I have never imagined before.  I can already see Him working in my kids and that is the coolest thing ever.  Here is an example about my 3rd grade daughter at school yesterday:
 On the way to recess today I overheard Reagen having a sweet, spiritual conversation.  Another girl was asking her if God and Jesus were the same.  It was really neat to her say yes they are the same.  They are one.  I’m not sure what started the conversation, but what a blessing she was in sharing about Jesus today!  Knew it would make your day to know that your sweet girl was sharing about Jesus!  
Philippians 1:6 “And I am sure that God, who began the good work within you, will continue his work until it is finally finished on that day when Christ Jesus comes back again.”
Please God, continue to work in our lives to help others see you in us! Amen!

No comments:

Post a Comment