Friday, February 11, 2011

Weekend of Love!!

Here it is again, Valentine’s Day!! I use to really look forward to this day when I was dating Mark!  I won’t ever forget those special days of getting flowers and going on our date.  One particular year, we had gone over to Abilene to eat at Olive Garden (before San Angelo got one) and had a wonderful time just talking on the drive over and back. Well about 3am I woke up and saw my lasagna again!  Needless to say, it took me awhile before I ate that again!
So as Monday rolls around, I am not expecting any flowers or candy. I guess it would be a nice surprise but when you love someone, it doesn’t always have to come in the form of “things”.  I am thankful that I have a husband that loves me and has committed his entire life to me and our kids. I am blessed to have 4 beautiful kids and a house that we can call home.  I am forever grateful that God has watched over us and protected us from harm and continues to lead us on a path that will impact people for all eternity.    
I found these verses highlighted in my bible from a few years ago. Helps put things in perspective!
Philippians 4:4-7  “Always be full of joy in the Lord. I say it again—rejoice! Let everyone see that you are considerate in all you do. Remember, the Lord is coming soon. Don’t worry about anything; instead, pray about everything. Tell God what you need, and thank him for all he has done. Then you will experience God’s peace, which exceeds anything we can understand. His peace will guard your hearts and minds as you live in Christ Jesus.”

No comments:

Post a Comment