Friday, March 25, 2011

Happy Birthday!

On March 27, I will have been alive on this earth for 38 years!  Yikes, that sounds mature! Especially when this summer I will be attending my 20 year High School Reunion! Wow a lot has happened in the last 20 years. 
Since graduating from good ole’ Lake View High School (Go Chiefs), I graduated from college with a nursing degree, got married, had 4 kids, took some really cool vacations across the US and Canada,  bought and sold some cars and houses, took lots of pictures and videos, and made some wonderful relationships that will last a life time! Doesn’t sound like a lot for 20 years but I guess that just shows you how time goes by so fast!
As I am writing this I think back to a line in the movie High School Musical 3 where Gabriella says to Troy, “I wish time would just stop, or at least slow down!”  Now I know many of you may have not watched the HSM movies but with my kids we have seen them at least half a dozen times.  There are times when I wish time would just stop and let us enjoy the good times for more than a day! There have been many times that our family has had some great experiences and I wish that I could capture those feelings, smells, emotions and make them last forever.  One example is when my kids were babies!  I remember holding them, touching their soft skin, smelling their feet, and holding their little hands in mine. Now, they are older and smell like sweat and have dirt in places that I never thought possible. 
Even though it is nice to reminisce, I love the fact that my kids are getting old enough to make new memories and take different trips that we all can enjoy! For me, I feel like I have the potential to be a better person physically, emotionally, and spiritually than I have ever been before.  I don’t feel like I am getting “older” but I’m becoming a woman that is ready to blossom into a whole new lifestyle that is waiting to be revealed.  I just have to pursue it and be intentional about important decisions that will not only affect me but also my husband and kids!  I feel like I am on my way!
 Can’t wait to see how God uses me this next year!!

No comments:

Post a Comment